7 Tips to Reduce Home Health Billing Errors
It’s important to know what is going on at your home health agency at all times, especially when it comes to the business and financial issues. Home health billing errors can cost your agency a significant amount in penalties and fees. Luckily, we’ve outlined several ways for you to stay on top of those errors and avoid problems.
- Establish compliance standards, and conduct internal monitoring and auditing of those standards.
- Stay up-to-date on billing & coding rules and regulations by reading current information on CMS Home Health Agency Center pages.
- Identify billing problems, look for patterns, track denied claims, and avoid improper payments by taking the appropriate corrective action.
- Continue training your staff when new rules and regulations are implemented.
- Use updated coding standards, including current procedural terminology and new ICD-10 codes.
- Have an expert conduct a thorough financial analysis of your home health agency to ensure no exposure goes uncovered.
- Consider using a home health billing service to streamline daily operations.
By taking the necessary precautions, your home health agency could save upwards of six figures in legal and penalty fees. If you’re still unsure of whether or not you’re fully protected against home health billing errors, enlisting the help of a qualified home health billing partner can be highly beneficial.
Looking for a expert home health billing partner? Whether you bill Medicare, private insurance, or both, HEALTHCAREfirst‘s billing experts have the experience needed to quickly and properly submit your claims.
Ask us about how your agency can receive a free billing consultation, or call us at 800.841.6095 to reach a member of our staff who will be glad to answer your questions.