Experience of Care Survey for Hospice Patients.
The CAHPS® Hospice Survey is an experience of care survey. The survey considers the hospice patient and his or her primary informal caregiver as the unit of care. CMS recommended hospice providers start becoming familiar with the site in a recent Home Health, Hospice and DME Open Door Forum.
Some of the information included in the new site is as follows:
- The PDF version of the CAHPS Hospice Survey instrument for the mail component of the CAHPS Hospice Survey administration.
- Exemption forms. All Medicare-certified hospices must participate in the CAHPS Hospice Survey in order to receive their full APU, however there are two exemptions that providers can submit forms for:
- Hospice that have fewer than 50 survey-eligible deceased patients (decedents) in the reference year.
- An exemption for newness based on how recently a hospice received their CCN. As an example, for CY 2015, hospices who received their CCN on or after January 1, 2015 are eligible for a one-time exemption for newness.
- CAHPS Hospice Survey Minimum Business Requirements for Survey Vendors. Entitles must be approved by CMS in order to administer the Hospice CAHPS survey.
Additional links are available but currently have a note stating “Content for this page will be posted in the future.”
HEALTHCAREfirst will continue to monitor changes and new information as it comes available.