CMS Releases FY 2016 Hospice Proposed Rule
HEALTHCAREfirst to Host Hospice Regulatory Webinar.
Last Thursday, CMS released the fiscal year 2016 proposed rule for Hospice providers. CMS proposes that the overall payments for Hospice providers increase by 1.3%.
HEALTHCAREfirst will host a free industry regulatory webinar on Thursday, May 14th to review the changes in details. Here is a high level highlight of the proposed rule:
- CMS is recommending Hospice providers be paid different rates for Routing Home Care (RHC) in the first 60 days compared to days 61 and above.
- CMS is recommending Hospice providers be paid a Service Intensity Add-on (SIA) payment for the last seven days of care when the following criteria is met:
The patient is discharged due to death
Direct/in person patient care is provided by an RN or social worker on the day being billed as RHC
Care was provided anywhere other than in an SNF/NF
- Modify the CAP update beginning with the 2016 CAP year to reflect the changes in the IMPACT Act.
- Several modifications to the Quality Reporting Program processes, etc.
- This would continue to be the final year of the 7 year phase out of the Budget Neutrality Factor.
- CMS reminded/stressed again in this rule that providers must report ALL diagnoses.
HEALTHCAREfirst will post webinar registration information regarding the webinar in the next few days. Please be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive notification when registration has opened.
The proposed rule and wage index can be accessed here.