Free Webinar: Improving Access & Quality Care in Rural Areas
Technology Delivers Patient-Centered Care to Rural Communities.
HEALTHCAREfirst, National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) and Home Care Technology Association of America (HCTAA) have partnered to bring you a webinar entitled: Home Care Health IT Success: Improving Access and Providing Quality Care in Rural Communities.
An estimated 12 million people with health conditions including acute and chronic illness, permanent disability, and terminal illness, receive care from more than 33,000 home care and hospice providers in the US. Twenty-five percent of the US population lives in a rural community and are faced with a combination of obstacles that create health disparities and limit access to needed healthcare. As health care costs continue to rise, and patients and families elect for more affordable, quality, and accommodating health care delivery options, home health care providers are stepping up to the plate and using innovative technologies to close the gap and meet their patients’ needs.
The Home Care Technology Association, an affiliate of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, is presenting a 60 minute webinar, sponsored by HEALTHCAREfirst that will highlight the ways in which home care and hospice providers are utilizing technology to deliver patient-centered, longitudinal care to rural and underserved communities.
Join us to hear more about how:
- Home care providers have leveraged health information technology to improve continuity of care
- Point-of-care data collection and data tracking are improving health care quality and reducing clinical errors
- Health IT can improve communication among clinicians and patients
- Reliable broadband and wireless networks enable access to critical health care delivery in rural communities
- Improving technologies can enable more streamlined electronic health information exchange
Neal Neuberger, CISSP, Executive Director, Institute for E-Health Policy
Richard Brennan, MA, Executive Director, Home Care Technology Association of America
This free 60 minute webinar will be offered on April 4,2012 at 11:00am ET.
Registration for this event has closed!