How Your Home Health or Hospice Agency Can Benefit from Healthcare IT
Healthcare Information Technology is quickly improving the safety and efficiency of the health delivery system. Technology is changing the healthcare industry for the better, as medical professionals are able to provide better quality care using electronic health records.
Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) is an umbrella term that encapsulates the management of health information across computerized systems. The healthcare industry is already reaping the benefits of going paperless, as reducing time spent working at a desk increases time spent with patients.
Electronic Health Records (EHRs) are digital versions of patients’ paper charts, updated in real time and available to any and all healthcare professionals. On top of providing a basic medical record, EHRs can:
- Contain information about medical history, diagnoses, medications and lab results
- Streamline documentation while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Increase organization and accuracy of patient data
- Allow updates to be made by any healthcare professional
- Flag potentially dangerous drug interactions
- Verify medications and dosages
With firstHOMECARE by HEALTHCAREfirst, Health Information Technology is streamlined into an attractive, easy-to-use interface that can streamline operations, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve patient care. Contact us today to find out how much your agency can save (and improve) with HEALTHCAREfirst.