QIES Systems to Go Down in March
Home Health & Hospice Providers Should Prepare.
From 8:00 pm EST on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 through 11:59 EST on Monday, March 21, 2016, all Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES) systems will be down for extended systems maintenance. The national database, CASPER reports, and QW will not be available during this time. This downtime will affect all QIES connectivity and systems, so providers should make the necessary plans to accommodate for this downtime to ensure data is submitted in a timely manner.
In addition, the following submission systems will not be available:
- Hospice Providers and the Hospice Item Set
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and the IRF-PAI
- Long-term Care Hospitals and the LTCH CARE Data Set
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and the MDS and Payroll-Based Journal, and
- Home Health Agencies and the OASIS
Home health and hospice providers should alert affected staff in order to accommodate the limited access.