Coding / OASIS / 485 Remote Review Nurse
Springfield, MO | August 6, 2018
We are looking to hire an experienced Coding / OASIS / 485 Remote Review Nurse. This position is a work from home opportunity that provides flexibility and control over assigned workload. We are seeking a high caliber individual interested in pursuing a rewarding career with a dynamic software company. The Coding / OASIS / 485 Remote Review Nurse is responsible for performing 485 Review, OASIS Review, and coding duties while providing excellent service levels deserved by all HEALTHCAREfirst customers. This role reports to the Manager of Coding Services.
- Coding levels exceed (or at minimum perform at required productivity levels equivalent of 6 completed 485 review or 9 completed OASIS Reviews per day for FT employees).
- Abstracts clinical information from OASIS as well as a variety of medical records, charts, and documents.
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10 diagnoses
- Codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Suggests changes to OASIS based on clinical documentation
- Recommends changes to the 485 locators based on clinical documentation.
- Works with coding databases and confirms HHRG assignments.
- Communicate with agencies effectively and provide excellent customer service
- Work is completed and documented accurate and timely with high quality.
- Conducts peer audits as needed/assigned.
- Regularly provides feedback for processes and performance improvement.
- Quickly ascertain customer needs through research and communication and provide quality solutions.
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing and BSN preferred
- 2 years utilization of home health OASIS review experience
- 5 years’ experience in home health and/or hospice preferred
- Certification in home health coding (HCS-D or BCHH-C in ICD-10)
- Certification in OASIS (COS-C or HCS-O)
- Experience in quality assurance (QA) or case management a plus
- Experienced in review of the 485
- Exceptional computer, software and typing skills
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter without on-site supervision.
- Proven coding capabilities, five years coding experience highly preferred
- A thorough education in coding systems and coding terminology.
- Skilled in dealing with a high volume of competing tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong focus on problem-solving initiatives and quick resolution.
- Detail-oriented as the dispersion of proper payment and creation of precise, easily processed medical bills depend on coding expertise.
- Must comprehend the basics of medicine, such as anatomy, physiology, diseases, and diagnoses. This knowledge is essential for coders, as they will be required to accurately translate medical jargon into code.
- Organized, efficient and precise with strong communication and liaison skills, dependable and hard working with extensive background in quality customer support.
- Must comprehend the basics of home health and hospice business operations, insurance claims processes, basic office procedures, and the use and application of medical billing software.
- Aptitude to communicate effectively with agency staff, management and other members of the team.