Springfield, MO | January 1, 2018
We are looking to hire an experienced Coding Specialist. This position is a work from home opportunity that provides flexibility and control over assigned workload. We are seeking a high caliber individual interested in pursuing a rewarding career with a dynamic software company. The Coding Specialist is responsible for performing coding duties and providing excellent service levels deserved by all HEALTHCAREfirst customers. This role reports to the Director of Coding and OASIS Review Services.
- Coding levels exceed (or at minimum perform at required productivity levels equivalent of 18 completed coding events per day for FT employees).
- Abstracts clinical information from OASIS Reviews as well as a variety of medical records, charts, and documents.
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10
- Codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Works with coding databases
- Communicate with agencies effectively and provide excellent customer service
- Work is completed and documented accurate and timely with high quality.
- Conducts peer audits as needed/assigned.
- Regularly provides feedback for processes and performance improvement.
- Quickly ascertain customer needs through research and communication and provide quality solutions.
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing and BSN preferred
- 2 years utilization of home health OASIS review experience
- 5 years’ experience in home health and/or hospice preferred
- Certification in home health coding (HCS-D or BCHH-C in ICD-10)
- Experience in quality assurance (QA) or case management a plus
- Exceptional computer, software and typing skills
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter without on-site supervision
- Proven coding capabilities, five years coding experience highly preferred
- A thorough education in coding systems and coding terminology