Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) Preparedness.
Beginning in October 1, 2012 CMS will require all hospices to collect information in accordance with the regulations defined for Hospice Quality Reporting. Reporting on the data collected between October 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 will begin in January 2013. Remember, there are 2 parts to the requirements, Structural Measure and NQF #0209. Here are some things your agency and hospice management should be doing to make sure you are prepared.
For the Structural Measure:
- Review your QAPI program and determine which indicators your agency wishes to track.
- Be sure you have at least 1 patient-care related quality indicator
- Keep a list of all QAPI indicators tracked during Q4 of 2012, even if you stop using them before the end of the year.
For NQF #0209
- If using an EMR, determine if your software provider has or will have a tracking tool in place for the measure. If your agency is still using paper charting, develop your own method for documenting the measure.
- Write an agency policy regarding the measure and how your agency plans to implement and monitor it.
- Educate your staff on the measure and tools.
It is important that you and your staff understand the measures completely to ensure proper adoption of measure collection and agency policy. There are many resources available that can help clarify the Quality Reporting Program: