Cumbersome processes, lack of real-time information, and endless streams of paperwork can slow you down and put your hospice at risk. Selecting the right hospice software will facilitate longterm success by ensuring compliance, streamlining operations, accelerating reimbursement, and improving quality of patient care. Use this comprehensive hospice software checklist to identify important key factors when evaluating new hospice software.
Operations & Compliance
- Flexible scheduling options that allow users to view schedules by patient, clinician, month, day, or week for quick assignment and to easily move visits with built-in guardrails to ensure compliance with order frequency.
- Integrated PECOS provider validation tool to ensure that referring physicians are enrolled.
- Unlimited eligibility checking for all patients and all payers to avoid denials associated with changes in eligibility.
- Hospice-specific documentation (assessments, visit notes, integrated care plans) for all disciplines with clinical decision support tools including guided care planning, automated alerts, and templates to facilitate compliance with documentation requirements.
- Built-in IDT workflows with detailed documentation and electronic signature for improved care coordination and more efficient IDT meetings.
- HIPAA-compliant, secure messaging to faciliate quick and effective communication.
- Integrated Medication Administration Record (MAR) functionality for easy scheduling and recording of medication administration in inpatient care facilities.
- Effective management and timely submission of Hospice Notice of Elections (NOEs), Notice of Changes (NOCs), Notice of Terminations/Revocations (NOTRs), and appeals without leaving the software.
- Electronic billing for Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, and multiple (secondary/tertiary) payers.
- Ability to create and customize forms and documents to fit your hospice’s needs.
- Secure surveyor access to the system, including the ability to easily retrieve patient documents, customized patient lists, and reports.
- Configurable alerts for critical tasks, scheduling, and compliance matters.
- Personnel licensing, requirements, and education tracking.
- Advanced clinical, financial, quality, and administrative reporting for a 360° picture of your business.
- Automated Hospice CAHPS transfer directly from the software for faster processing and data aggregation, delivering robust analytics and benchmarking for performance improvement.
System Accessibility & Security
- Fully integrated, HIPAA-compliant, Web-based point-of-care and back office system that is fully accessible 24/7.
- Full backup of data stored in a secure, SOC 2 certified data center for the greatest protection against disasters and outages.
- Mobile point-of-care functionality with clinical decision support technology that provides access to the patient’s full chart and enables documentation at the patient’s bedside, empowering staff to make fully informed decisions and reducing the risk of errors associated with charting hours later.
Ongoing Support & Dedication to Customer Success
- High touch service model including designated EHR implementation, training, client success, and support experts who ensure implementation of best practices and succesful adoption.
- Comprehensive implementation program with a proven approach to successful adoption.
- Free database setup with all active data, easing implementation and increasing success.
- Complete, customized EHR training program followed by access to an extensive library of online learning videos and an ongoing calendar of live product education and training.
- Unlimited U.S.-based software support via telephone, online chat, or email, 365 days a year.
- Strong reputation, focus, and investment in hospice to ensure that software development and enhancements are a top priority with a proven history of automatic, compliant software updates without usage interruptions.
- Affordable pricing model free of hosting fees or costly servers to buy and maintain.
HEALTHCAREfirst Has You Covered