HEALTHCAREfirst, Inc., provider of leading-edge home health and hospice software, is proud to honor the thousands of caregivers across the nation who allow our neighbors, friends and family members to receive the care they need, while being able to remain in their homes.
Is your agency planning on getting the word out about Home Care and Hospice this month? Here are some tips from the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) on how to educate consumers:
- Launch a ribbon wearing campaign promoting National Home Care & Hospice Month. Pass out ribbons that can be pinned on clothing to show support for home care and its pivotal role in the end-of-life movement.
- Host an open house to bring new people into your office and to provide you with the opportunity to answer questions they may have about home care.
- Display banners and billboards announcing National Home Care & Hospice Month throughout your community. Major intersections and hospital entrances provide prime target areas.
- Organize a silent auction to raise community funds. Try to obtain a variety of commonly donated items, such as artwork, hotel accommodations, rounds of golf, restaurant certificates and gift baskets.
- Work with your local public libraries to feature books and other educational materials about home care. Provide special bookmarks highlighting the home care theme.
- Visit residents of retirement communities and provide them with general information about home care services and tips for finding and financing the highest quality care.
- Distribute brochures, fliers, and posters about home care services to local libraries, churches, pharmacies, retail outlets, etc.
Increasing community awareness of the value of in-home care can positively further the mission of home care and hospice. What is your agency planning on doing to spread the message in your area?