Revenue Cycle Specialist – Hospice
Springfield, MO | November 21, 2018
We are looking to hire an experienced Revenue Cycle Specialist at our Corporate Office located in Springfield, Missouri. We are seeking a high caliber individual interested in pursuing a rewarding career with a dynamic software company. The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible for providing quality billing services to HEALTHCAREfirst outsourced billing customers in a timely manner. This specialist must exercise accountability and professionalism in maintaining the high level of service our customers deserve. This role reports to the Revenue Cycle Supervisor.
- Submit claims timely to Medicare, Medicaid and Private Payers for software clients and non-software clients.
- Ensures that the claims processed correctly and were accepted by the payer.
- Process adjustments and re-file claims as needed.
- Member of a cohesive team that works to maintain the AR for HEALTHCAREfirst customers
- Troubleshoot reimbursement issues and claim follow-up
- Works at the established Productivity level
- Builds relationships with clients regarding their billing needs and assist with claim resolutions as needed.
- Addresses client concerns in a timely manner
- Escalates unresolved customer grievances to the proper department, or management for further assessment.
- Understanding of Medicare rules, regulations, billing codes
- Maintain confidentiality and knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of progressive Hospice billing experience
- Ability to work independently
- Must be organized and able to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to type, operate computers and office equipment
- Aptitude for learning computer systems
- Ability to perform basic bookkeeping and compile statistics as needed
- Maintain a professional demeanor, courteous and flexible at all times
- Open to dynamic change and ability to thrive in such an environment
- Prior experience working with Medicare rules, regulations, billing codes (preferred)
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with members of other departments
- Education equivalent to a High school diploma, college degree preferred