Easily Verify Visits at the Point of Care
In accordance with Section 12006 (a) of the 21st Century Cures Act, HEALTHCAREfirst interfaces with Celltrak, Sandata Technologies, and MEDsys Software Solutions so that home health and hospice agencies can easily comply with Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) requirements.
State Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Programs:
All states are required to participate in Electronic Visit Verification for Medicaid personal care services by January 1, 2019 and for Medicaid home health services by January 1, 2023. States that fail to comply will be penalized by having their Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) reduced. Click here to access more resources regarding Section 12006 (a) of the 21st Century Cures Act and Electronic Visit Verification Requirements and you may also find more information on your state department of health website.
How It Works:
Intake and scheduling takes place in firstHOMECARE and/or firstHOSPICE and then through a HIPAA-compliant interface, patient, staff, and scheduling information is pushed into the EVV system. Patient visits are documented in the EVV system and once a visit is complete, information is pushed back into the EHR for review and billing. With this real-time exchange of information, agencies simplify the EVV process and eliminate the need to enter data into two different systems, significantly reducing keying errors.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Easily satisfy EVV compliance requirements while leveraging a comprehensive EHR system for high quality care delivery.
- Definitively document the care provided, eliminating the slightest suggestion of fraudulent patient visits.
- Generate complete, verified records of patient encounters to compliment comprehensive clinical documentation managed in the EHR.
- Receive real-time updates to effectively respond to scheduling, clinical, or service exceptions.
- Experience faster turnaround for processing claims and payroll.