Work with Home Health Coding Experts
As the home health industry ushers in new payment complexities with the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), you must now take a renewed look at the way your agency approaches revenue cycle management. Without specialized knowledge, expertise, and a solid foundation to support the coding process, you can increase your exposure to risk. At HEALTHCAREfirst, we can help your agency achieve success through our comprehensive coding services, no matter what EMR you use.
When you work with us, you get more than just home health coding services… you get a team of experts dedicated to your success. Our customers have the confidence that while they focus on providing quality patient care, our experts are laser-focused on the accuracy and speed of their coding.
Accurate, Quick Home Health Coding
HEALTHCAREfirst helps home health agencies nationwide improve accuracy, reduce costs, and accelerate reimbursement through a complete home health coding program.
Save Time & Resources
Home health coding can take up a significant amount of time and resources. When you work with us, you can operate more efficiently, shifting your focus back to your patients. With more than 12 years of experience in home health coding operations, we have well-tested, proven processes in place to promote optimum cash flow. This allows you to reinvest in your business so you can better, and more quickly, achieve your goal of providing quality patient care.
Minimize Risk of Errors
In today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, it’s critical to submit accurate claims with the proper diagnosis codes in the correct sequence. Our certified coders specialize exclusively in home health care, so you can rest assured they have the knowledge and expertise to diligently manage your coding.
Inaccurate coding can slow reimbursement, drain administrative resources, and result in lost revenue. We understand how important your cash flow is to maintaining operations, so we treat your coding with the highest level of diligence and priority. Through fast, accurate coding, you can quickly enjoy the benefits of faster, maximized reimbursements.
Home Health Coding Services Features
We help agencies nationwide put patients before paperwork with our full-service home health coding services program.
- Certified coding professionals (RHIA, HCS-D, OASIS) with significant home health coding experience who are up-to-date on regulatory requirements, such as ICD-10, OASIS-D, and PDGM
- Dedicated team of coders assigned to your agency become an extension of your team, working hard for your success
- Thorough review of doctor’s notes, assessments, H&P, and the medication list to determine the appropriate diagnosis codes for maximized reimbursement
- We log directly into your software system, no matter what EMR you use
- Rapid turnaround time – typically by the end of next business day
- Ongoing program evaluation with regular communication between our team and your agency
- Web-based analytics reporting provides unmatched insight into your financial health including identification of hidden trends in revenue performance, lost revenue opportunities, timeliness of claims, clean claim rate, and more
How it Works
We offer a proven home health coding process that is easy, fast, and secure for home health agencies.
- Each day, your agency provide a list of patients for coding.
- Your assigned coding professional will securely access your EMR software to code each assessment appropriately to maximize reimbursement. Assessments are typically returned by the end of the next business day.
- Once the assessments are coded, your agency will receive confirmation that coding has been completed. You can then log into your software to see the assessments and process them for reimbursement. If HEALTHCAREfirst also manages your home health billing, our coding services and billing services teams will communicate to resolve denials related to coding.
- Our coding department continuously audits our internal coding efforts. Agency assessments and HEALTHCAREfirst coders are audited for turnaround times and coding accuracy each month for the highest level of service.
Are bad home health coding habits hurting your agency? Learn more about the most common habits and how to avoid them.
Improve your agency’s revenue cycle and accelerate cash flow when you work with HEALTHCAREfirst.